Porcelain tubs can either be formed steel or cast iron tubs, finished with porcelain enamel. They are inexpensive as compared to other types of bathtubs and they are easy to clean. You must however know just how to clean them for the perfect look, and these are 10 tips on how to clean up your porcelain tub.
1. Do not use scratch sponges to clean your porcelain tub. Use non-abrasive sponges instead.
2. Abrasive cleaners like scouring powders should also be avoided as they can damage your porcelain finish.
3. Get good dish-washing soap, mix this in water, and regularly wash your tub with a non-scratch sponge.
4. Rinse your tub well after each use, to wash off soap residue.
5. After rinsing, dry your tub with towel or cloth after each use.
6. Do not use too much bath oil to avoid difficult stains.
7. Always start your washing from the top and work your way down for effective washing.
8. Keep your drains clog free to prevent bathtub rings.
9. Before using any soap, test it on a small section to see if it will have any adverse effect.
10. For deep and difficult stains, you can use some baking soda. You should however be careful while using this.
Follow all of these tips and you can be sure to have clean porcelain tubs. /written by Trauma Scene Cleaner